If you have broken or cracked the screen on your iPhone 6S or 6S Plus, you can replace a new screen on your own. It is a bit complex and can take time but is not impossible.
You will need the following tools:
- Suction cup tool
- Case opening tool
- Pentalobe screwdriver
- PH00 Philip screwdriver
- Pair of tweezers
- Shut the phone off after the battery is below 25 per cent
- Remove the pentalobe screws at the bottom of the phone
- Apply the suction cup to the bottom of the screen and pull it
- Apply tape if the screen is too broken and the suction cup can adhere to it
- The screen will flip open upwards like a book
- Unscrew the screws holding metal cover near the battery. Take it out
- Disconnect the LCD display flex cable connector, digitizer flex cable connector, front camera connector, and home button flex cable connector
- The home button bracket needs to be removed by unscrewing the screws holding it in place
- Gently pry off the home button flex cable connector and remove the home button
- There is a metal cover on the ear speaker. Undo the 3 screws holding it to remove it
- Take out the bracket, front camera, and ear speaker
- For removing the LCD metal plate, undo the 7 screws holding it in place
- Gently pry off the LCD back plate connector
- Replace the broken screen by installing the new one
- Follow all the steps in reverse to reassemble the phone
It is not simple to manage the replacement of the broken screen on the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus on your own. The phone will have multiple delicate and small parts. You have to make sure that you don’t lose them; especially the multiple screws, and not strain or damage them in any way. To ensure that you don’t lose the screws, it is recommended to use a magnetic pad to contain them as you work on the phone. You will have to remember where each screw goes too. For the replacement to work out, organization and knowing each step in detail is quite important.
Buying the New Assembly Kit
If you are planning to fix your phone on your own, you obviously need to buy the new LCD assembly kit. You should buy the kit from a reliable source and it is recommended to test its function before you make a final install. In case, the new screen fails to work, some retailers offer an exchange. However, it is possible that a phone could have been damaged during the replacement, which will cause it to stop working properly.
If you find it difficult to follow step by step instructions, you can also find a similar video tutorial. These are often easier to understand because of detailed visual content. For buying the new iPhone 6S or 6S Plus digitizer and LCD screen assembly, visit Resun, which is a company specializing in iPhone screen kits.